Boat Trailer and Towing Vehicle
24-HOUR EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Terms & Conditions
Congratulations on the purchase of Your Boatmate boat trailer!
As a valued customer of Boatmate Trailers, LLC ("Boatmate
"), Boatmate is pleased to provide you with Emergency Roadside Assistance, at no extra cost to You, as part of Boatmate's 5-Yr. Limited Boat Trailer Warranty ("Warranty
") for Your boat trailer. Boatmate's Emergency Roadside Assistance is administered by Road America Motor Club and is available for Covered Emergencies 24-hours a day, 365 days a year throughout the United States and Canada. Your coverage begins on the date You register Your Warranty with Boatmate ("Effective Date
"), shown on the Access Card provided within these Terms and Conditions, and will continue until the Expiration Date shown, unless cancelled or transferred earlier by You as set forth herein. You will only have to pay for any non-covered expenses or costs in excess of the per occurrence maximum limits shown below. Note:
Only one (1) disablement for the same Covered Service type during any continuous seven (7) day period will be accepted. Service must be a Covered Service under these Terms and Conditions and is available only for the specific Boatmate boat trailer (Year, Model and VIN) registered with Road America Motor Club as part of Your Warranty ("Covered Trailer
"). The Covered Trailer must be owned or leased (12 month lease or longer) by You (the Warranty holder).
All of the emergency roadside assistance services described herein are provided and administered by Brickell Financial Services-Motor Club, Inc. d/b/a Road America Motor Club, administrative offices at 7300 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 601, Miami, Florida 33126. (For Mississippi and Wisconsin customers, services are provided by Brickell Financial Services-Motor Club, Inc. For California customers, services are provided by Road America Motor Club, Inc. d/b/a Road America Motor Club.) All entities are referred to as "Road America Motor Club
" or "RAMC
" throughout these Terms and Conditions.
This is not an insurance contract, and it does not replace Your Covered Trailer or Towing Vehicle's physical damage and/or liability insurance policies.
A. 24-HOUR EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE.
Just call Road America Motor Club TOLL-FREE (1-866-460-7827)
, and a service vehicle will be dispatched to Your assistance. Important:
Please be with Your Covered Trailer when the service provider arrives, unless it is unsafe to remain with the trailer, as they cannot service an unattended trailer and/or its Towing Vehicle. In the event that service is not obtainable through RAMC, You will receive an authorization number to receive a refund of payments made according to Your program benefit and coverage limits for services received independently. You must first contact RAMC for authorization to obtain independent services. NOTE: ASSISTANCE OBTAINED THROUGH ANY SOURCE OTHER THAN ROAD AMERICA MOTOR CLUB IS NOT COVERED AND IS NOT REIMBURSABLE.
The following are Covered Emergencies/Covered Services, subject to the per occurrence limitations noted.
Only one (1) disablement for the same Covered Service type during any continuous seven (7) day period will be accepted.)
(1.) Towing Assistance
– When towing is necessary, the Covered Trailer will be towed to the nearest service facility at no cost to You. If You direct the Covered Trailer to another location, costs will be covered up to the 100 miles per occurrence benefit limit.
(2.) Towing Vehicle Towing Assistance
– When Your vehicle towing the Covered Trailer ("Towing Vehicle") becomes disabled while towing the trailer, both the Covered Trailer and Towing Vehicle will be towed to the nearest service facility at no cost to You. If You direct the Covered Trailer and Towing Vehicle to another location, costs will be covered up to the 100 miles per occurrence benefit limit. Note: Eligible Towing Vehicles include private passenger automobiles, SUVs, vans and light and medium duty trucks [up to 14,000 Gross Vehicle Weight ("GVW")]. 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Services will be provided for any driver of the Towing Vehicle.
(3.) Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Service (Repair or Replacement)
– Service provides for repair of the Covered Trailer's damaged tire(s) and/or wheel(s) or, if non-repairable, replacement of the trailer's tire(s) and/or wheel(s), if damage is caused by a Road Hazard on a public roadway (see "Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Service" section below for coverage availability, requirements, exclusions in addition to those in this Section A, and per occurrence limitations).
The following Covered Emergencies/Covered Services are subject to a three-hundred dollar ($300.00) per occurrence limit. (Note: Only one (1) disablement for the same Covered Service type during any continuous seven (7) day period will be accepted.)
(4.) Battery Service
– If battery failure occurs, a jump-start will be applied to start the Towing Vehicle.
(5.) Flat Tire Assistance
– Service consists of the removal of the Covered Trailer or Towing Vehicle's flat tire and its replacement with the spare tire located with the Covered Trailer or Towing Vehicle.
(6.) Fuel, Oil, Fluid and Water Delivery Service
– Service provides for the delivery of fuel or other fluid needed at the disablement site when the Towing Vehicle has an immediate need. You must pay for the fuel or other fluid cost, if any, when it is delivered.
(7.) Lock-out Assistance
– If Your keys are locked inside of Your Towing Vehicle, assistance will be provided to gain entry into the vehicle.
The following items are not included as part of the 24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance Services:
Coverage shall not be provided in the event of emergencies resulting from the use of intoxicants or narcotics, or the use of the Covered Trailer or Towing Vehicle in the commission of a felony. Cost of parts, replacement keys, fluids, lubricants, or fuel, cost of installation of products, or materials. Non-emergency towing or other non-emergency service. Non-emergency mounting or removing of snow tires or chains. Shoveling snow from around a Covered Trailer or Towing Vehicle. Extrication or Winching. Motorcycles, trucks over 14,000 GVW, antique vehicles (meaning vehicles over 20 years old or out of manufacture for 10 years or more), taxicabs, limousines, or self-motorized recreational vehicles (RVs). Any vehicles in tow or trailers other than the Covered Trailer. Any and all taxes, fines or tolls. Damage or disablement due to collision, fire, flood or vandalism. Towing from or repair work performed at a service station, garage or repair shop. Towing by other than a licensed towing company, service station or garage; Covered Trailer and/or Towing Vehicle storage charges; a second tow for the same disablement. Service on a Covered Trailer or Towing Vehicle that is not in a safe condition to be towed or serviced or that may result in damage to the Covered Trailer or Towing Vehicle if towed or serviced. Towing or service on roads not regularly maintained, such as sand beaches, open fields, forests, and areas designated as not passable due to construction, etc. Towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer relating to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking, or other violations of the law. Services received independently from RAMC without prior authorization from RAMC. Repeated service calls for a Towing Vehicle in need of routine maintenance or repair. Only one (1) disablement for the same Covered Service type during any continuous seven (7) day period will be accepted. THIS IS NOT A ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT SERVICE.
B. TIRE AND WHEEL ROAD HAZARD SERVICE.
Pre-authorization for all Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Service is required.
You will be covered for the cost to repair or, if non-repairable as determined by a licensed repair facility, the cost to replace a damaged tire(s) and/or wheel(s) on the Covered Trailer, up to the per occurrence maximum shown below, if the tire(s) and/or wheel(s) damage is caused by a Road Hazard on a public roadway. "Road Hazard" is defined as objects and road conditions such as potholes, rocks, wood debris, metal parts, plastic or composite scraps or any item causing tire damage other than wear and tear and those conditions excluded below.
(1.) Tire Repair
– You will be covered for the full charges incurred for the repair of the flat tire(s) due to Road Hazard damage, with no per occurrence limit.
(2.) Tire Replacement
– You will be covered for a replacement tire(s) per occurrence should the tire(s) become non-repairable, as determined by a licensed repair facility, due to Road Hazard damage, subject to the exclusions below. Your Covered Trailer's tire(s) must have more than 3/32" tread depth remaining to be eligible for coverage. Important: You will be covered for the cost of a replacement tire (including mounting and balancing, new valve stem and sales tax), as shown on the repair invoice, up to two-hundred dollars ($200.00) per occurrence. Note: Replacements are limited to the manufacturer's original tires, comparable, or like replacements as determined by RAMC referring to reasonable and customary retail prices available from reputable national vendors.
(3.) Wheel Repair
– You will be covered for the full charges incurred for the repair of the wheel(s) due to Road Hazard damage, up to two-hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) per occurrence.
(4.) Wheel Replacement
– You will be covered for a replacement wheel(s) per occurrence should the wheel(s) become non-repairable, as determined by a licensed repair facility, on which a tire(s) damaged due to Road Hazard was mounted, that will no longer maintain an airtight seal with the tire or can no longer be properly balanced after the tire has been repaired or replaced, subject to the exclusions below. Your Covered Trailer's tire(s) must have more than 3/32" tread depth remaining to be eligible for coverage. Important: You will be covered for the cost of a replacement wheel(s) (including mounting and balancing, new valve stem and sales tax), as shown on the repair invoice, up to two-hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) per occurrence.
Note: Replacements are limited to the manufacturer's original wheels, comparable, or like replacements as determined by RAMC referring to reasonable and customary retail prices available from reputable national vendors.
The following items are not included as part of the Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Service:
For Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Service:
Pre-authorization for all Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Service is required. Road America Motor Club reserves the right to inspect all damaged tires and wheels prior to issuance of a claim authorization number.
- Tires that have 3/32" or less tread depth remaining at the time of disablement.
- Repair or replacement covered by the manufacturer, or other warranty, or warranty holder's primary insurance coverage.
- Replacement exceeding the manufacturer's vehicle specification or when the manufacturer, by public announcement or recall, establishes the responsibilities for the replacement for any manufacturer's defect.
- Damage caused by negligence, abuse, misuse, collision, manufacturer's defect, curb impact, valve or rim leaks, improper installation, dry rot in either sidewall or tread, tire chains, racing or off-road use, vandalism, malicious mischief, chain damage, fire or theft.
- Covered Trailers with off-road tires and/or wheels or re-capped tires.
- Failure occurring from operating on any surface other than federal, state, country, city or municipally paved roads or highways.
- Covered Trailers registered and/or otherwise normally operated outside the continental United States or America, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada.
- Tires and/or wheels that do not meet the manufacturer's recommended specifications of Your Covered Trailer.
- Misuse occasioned from driving on tires that are over inflated, under inflated or flat.
- Replacement not pre-authorized by Road America Motor Club prior to its replacement.
- Any consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including loss, damage or injury to person or property resulting from the failure of any part(s) of Your Covered Trailer, the repair and/or replacement of which are covered under these Terms and Conditions.
- Replacement of a tire if wheels are bent and cause vibration, yet tire holds air and is not damaged.
- If You continue to use the Covered Trailer on a flat tire that exceeds the requirements listed in the owner's manual specific for the Covered Trailer.
- Any condition, damage or wear which existed prior to the Effective Date of Your coverage.
- Any and all additional fees and taxes including, but not limited to, wheel weights.
You must call toll-free 1-866-460-7827
for authorization and a claim form. After authorization quote and reference number is confirmed, proceed by having all covered repairs performed by Your selling dealership or licensed repair facility. All claims must be submitted to RAMC within sixty (60) days* from the date of loss. For coverage up to the per occurrence benefit limit, You must provide the following to RAMC:
C. Transfer of Your Warranty including Emergency Roadside Assistance.
- A copy of Your Boatmate Warranty for the Covered Trailer.
- Confirmation in writing, authorized by Your selling dealership or licensed repair facility, of the tread depth remaining on the Covered Trailer's tire must be provided to RAMC when coverage/service is requested, together with the original repair order containing Your selling dealership's or licensed repair facility's pre-printed name, address and telephone number, to continue Your coverage. If this information is not received by RAMC within forty-five (45) days* of Your claim reporting date, Your coverage through RAMC may be denied.
- The repair order must also include the Year, Make, Model and VIN of your Covered Trailer as well as the tire brand, model and size.
- If pre-authorization is not obtained or steps 1 through 3 are not followed, Road America Motor Club may deny Your claim.
- All payments by Road America Motor Club for authorized claims will be made directly to Your selling dealership or licensed repair facility. Utah and Wisconsin Residents are not limited to filing claims within sixty (60) days, or submitting the required items in steps 1 through 3 above within forty-five (45) days of the claim reporting date, if it was not reasonably possible for You to file the claim or submit the items within the time periods indicated and notice was given or the required information was submitted as soon as reasonably possible.
You may transfer ownership of Your Boatmate Warranty, including these 24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance services, upon Your sale of the Covered Trailer to another individual only (not a dealership) by sending a written request to Boatmate Trailers, LLC, 1713 Henry G Lane Street, Maryville, TN 37801; contacting Boatmate by calling a representative at (865) 273-1100; or by visiting their website at www.boatmatetrailers.com
You may cancel your Emergency Roadside Assistance coverage at any time by giving written notice to Road America Motor Club, 7300 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 601, Miami, FL 33126. As this coverage is being provided to You at no charge courtesy of Boatmate, this coverage is nonrefundable and has no cancellation fee.
E. Access Cards.
Below are your two (2) Boatmate Emergency Roadside Assistance access cards (front and reverse sides for each). Please print them
and cut them out, fold each card in half and be sure to carry one with you when you are towing Your Covered Trailer.